The Vineyard Christian Academy’s mission is to partner teachers with parents in order to enrich the minds and disciple the hearts of their children.
Over the last 20 years our school has consistently grown and changed alongside the needs of its families. With the primary passion and objective for our parents being able to spend more time with their children, VCA provides the “best of both worlds.” This partnership prepares its youth both academically, socially and spiritually.
The blessings of VCA are:
- The teachers put the thought and effort into AdvancedEd level lesson plans; freeing parents to focus on supporting their child on home instruction days.
- Daily accountability with a structured University Model Schools International foundation & curriculum that meets or exceeds State of Idaho Education standards taught through a Christian worldview.
- A community built on strong, Godly relationships between teachers, families & children.
- Children have a regular, social outlet with like-minded people while still keeping home & family as their primary influence.
- Smaller class sizes that offer more teacher/student interaction & instruction.
Why do parents and students choose VCA?
1. Christian Worldview: We start with a Biblical foundation in every subject we teach.
2. University Model School International/AdvancedED: VCA is becoming AdvancedEd accredited. Curriculum is aligned to meet or exceed academic standards for course work in Idaho. Our commitment and goal is to ensure our students are prepared & equipped for higher education and training.
3. Thinking, Articulate Students: Rather than simply filling students’ minds with facts, we go further to develop their ability to reason, read, write & speak at application & evaluation levels. This is achieved in part through the curriculum we choose & smaller class sizes than most traditional public or private schools offer, which gives students the opportunity to interact at deeper levels with each other & teachers.
4. Best of Both Worlds: Best of Both Worlds: VCA believes that for three days a week our teachers are an integral part of educating students in a classrooms setting by providing interactive instruction, then parents have the opportunity to stay connected with their children by enriching and reinforcing the lesson along with having quality time with their kids. With this combination the students’ experiences are broadened in the safe and trusted environments provided at school & at home.
5. Social/Peer Interaction in a Safe Environment: VCA is dedicated to providing kids the opportunity to grow socially by learning Godly interaction, cooperation & problem solving. Personal accountability is taught through the ARMOR program.
- A-arrive ready to learn (Proverbs 18:15)
- R-respect others in word & action (Philippians 2:3)
- M-make wise choices (Romans 12:2)
- O-obey right away (Hebrews 13:17)
- R-respond with self-control (Proverbs 25:28)